Gradle Installation Process
I have used Gradle for more than 2+ years to build projects. Gradle is one of the most used building tools. It’s very essential for a developer.
Therefore, there is also a maven that you can use to build your project but I am very comfortable using Gradle in this case.
In this tutorial, I will be showing how to install Gradle both for Linux and Windows OS.
Download the latest Gradle distribution
Download Gradle from here: https://gradle.org/next-steps/?version=6.8.1&format=all
Add the following path inside the .bashrc file
$ vim ~/.bashrc
$ export PATH=$PATH:/home/mobusshar/mobusshar.islam/dirsoftware/gradle-7.1/bin
$ source ~/.bash_profile [reloading env. variables]
If you want to edit the bashrc using a GUI
$ gedit .bashrc
$ export PATH=$PATH:/home/mobusshar/mobussharislam/dirsoftware/gradle-7.1/bin
$ source .bashrc [reloading env. variables]
- Download the latest distribution: gradle.org/releases/
- Create a new directory C:\Gradle with File Explorer
- Extract the zip archive and drag the content folder to the newly created C:\Gradle folder
- In File Explorer right-click on the This PC (or Computer) icon, then click Properties -> Advanced System Settings -> Environment Variables
- Under System Variables select Path, then click Edit.
Add an entry for C:\Gradle\gradle-7.1.1\bin. Click OK to save.